Global Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Market was valued US$ XX Bn in 2019 and is expected to reach US$ XX Bn by 2027, at CAGR of 5.73% during forecast period.
The report includes the analysis of impact of COVID-19 lock-down on the revenue of market leaders, followers, and disrupters. Since lock down was implemented differently in different regions and countries, impact of same is also different by regions and segments. The report has covered the current short term and long term impact on the market, same will help decision makers to prepare the outline for short term and long term strategies for companies by region.
To know about the Research Methodology:-Request Free Sample Report
Global Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Market Dynamics:
Major driver of the global ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene market is increasing quality medical services and infrastructure, increasing surgical procedures, and growth in some diseases like osteoarthritis. Medical-grade global ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene market is a subset of polyethylene which has no taste and color. This material holds superior corrosive and abrasive resistance, lightweight, and has high strength and low coefficient of friction. These characteristics have led the medical-grade global ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene market to find extensive usage in medical usage.
Rising geriatric population is driving medical industry which in turn is estimated to fuel the growth of global medical grade ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene market over the forecast period. UHMWPE is used over other materials because of its self-lubricating and low absorption properties. The UHMWPE has outstanding chemical resistance, electrically insulating and superior dielectric properties, excellent sound dampening characteristics, because of which it is used in orthopedic industry. Like an increasing demand from the orthopedic industry is expected to drive the growth of the medical grade global ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene market over the forecast period.
Primary application of UHMWPE includes shoulder, hip, knee, small joint and ankle replacement. Growth in joint infection, arthritis, and implant loosening have resulted in the rise of knee replacement and related surgeries. Superior properties and high versatility of UHMWPE are supposed to drive its use in knee replacement surgeries. The overall growth in replacement surgeries is estimated to propel the growth of the medical grade global ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) market over the forecast period
On the basis of form segment, the sheets segment is expected to hold largest market share during the forecast period. This large share is mainly attributed to extensive use of UHMW PE sheets in the mechanical equipment industry. The segment is also expected to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period, because of the increasing demand from healthcare & medical end-use industry.
Based on end-use industry segment, major end-use industries of the UHMW PE market are aerospace, healthcare & medical, defense, & shipping, mechanical equipment, and others, which include sports & lifestyle and electronics industries. Global ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene market is a simple linear background polyethylene possessing unique properties such as noise resistance, low coefficient of friction, excellent chemical resistance, self-lubrication, bio-compatible, wear resistance, and electric insulation resistance. This makes the material a preferred choice for prosthetic implant manufacturers across the globe. The healthcare end-use industry segment is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This growth is mainly attributed to increase usage of UHMW PE to manufacture orthopedic implants.
In terms of region, Asia-Pacific UHMW PE market is expected to grow at highest CAGR during the forecast period, because of the increasing demand for medical devices from countries, like China, Japan, and India.
This report studies the global ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene market size by players, regions, product types and end industries, history data. This report also studies the global market competition landscape, opportunities and challenges, market drivers and trends, sales channels, risks and entry barriers, distributors and Porter’s five forces analysis.
The objective of the report is to present a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, industry-validated market data and projections with a suitable set of assumptions and methodology. The report also helps in understanding global ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene market dynamics, structure by identifying and analyzing the market segments and project the global market size. Further, the report also focuses on the modest analysis of key players by product, price, financial position, product portfolio, growth strategies, and regional presence. The report also provides PEST analysis, PORTER’s analysis, and SWOT analysis to address the question of shareholders to prioritizing the efforts and investment in the near future to the emerging segment in global ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene market.
Global Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Market, Key Highlights:
• Global Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Market analysis and forecast, in terms of value.
• Comprehensive study and analysis of market drivers, restraints and opportunities influencing the growth of the Global Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Market
• Global Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Market segmentation on the basis of type, source, end-user, and region (country-wise) has been provided.
• Global Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Market strategic analysis with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects along with the contribution of various sub-market stakeholders have been considered under the scope of study.
• Global Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Market analysis and forecast for five major regions namely North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East & Africa (MEA) and Latin America along with country-wise segmentation.
• Profiles of key industry players, their strategic perspective, market positioning and analysis of core competencies are further profiled.
• Competitive developments, investments, strategic expansion and competitive landscape of the key players operating in the Global Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Market are also profiled.
The report has considered the base year of 2019 and past four years trend. 2020 figures are at actuals, however due to different dynamics of year 2020, market forecast is not only dependent upon 2020, but on the basis of 2016-2020.
Scope of the Global Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Market: Inquire before buying
Global Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Market, By Form
• Rods & Tubes
Global Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Market, By End-Use Industry
• Healthcare & Medical
• Aerospace, Defense, and Shipping
• Mechanical Equipment
Global Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Market, By Region
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Middle East and Africa
• South America
Global Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Market Key player
• Braskem S.A.
• Celanese Corporation
• Lyondellbasell Industries N.V.
• Koninklijke DSM N.V.
• Asahi Kasei Corporation
• Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
• Saudi Basic Industries Corporation
• E. I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company
• Honeywell International Inc.
• Toyobo Co., Limited
• Teijin Limited
• Rochling Engineering Plastics Pvt. Ltd.
• Quadrant Engineering Plastic Products
• Crown Plastics Company, Inc
• Redwood Plastics
• King Plastic Corporation
• Garland Manufacturing Company
• Korea Petrochemical Ind. Co., Ltd
• CP Medical, Inc.
• EMCO Industrial Plastics, Inc.
• Global Polymers
• Shanghai Lianle Chemical Industry Science and Technology Co. Ltd
• Nitto Denko Corporation
• Shandong Ningjin Xinxing Chemical Co., Ltd.
About This Report
This Report Is Submitted By : Maximize Market Research Company
Maximize Market Research:
Maximize Market Research provides B2B and B2C research on 20,000 high growth emerging opportunities & technologies as well as threats to the companies across the Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, Electronics & Communications, Internet of Things, Food and Beverages, Aerospace and Defense and other manufacturing sectors.